Fourvière Pledge

Go to content

Main menu:

Before the Black Madonna in the chapel of Fourvière on 23 July 1816 a small group of young men pledged to found a religious congregation of “Mariists”. Their dream became a reality in the foundation of the “Marist” family of religious and lay men and women. Two hundred years later, the Missionary Sisters of the Society of Mary, the Marist Brothers of the Schools, the Marist Sisters and the Society of Mary (Fathers and Brothers), together with the many groups of Marist Laity throughout the world, remember that significant moment of foundation, give thanks for the many blessings received, and recommit themselves to doing Mary’s work in the midst of today’s Church and world.
On this website may be found information on the Fourvière Pledge and the Bicentenary Year (23 July 2015 – 23 July 2016) together with resources for prayer, reflection and celebration.

 
Back to content | Back to main menu